Thursday, June 07, 2007

Geez...You are Single?!

I noticed it for awhile and I finally come to a conclusion: Married people hate single people. How else can you explain that they keep on insisting that you should go out and meet people? Either they don't like people to be different than them, or they have nothing better to do after getting married so "caring" their single friends become the next big thing. I start to have a feeling if they can actually physically drag me and another guy together, I bet they would do that. I am saying this because in the last couple days, I got nagged more than once by random married friends about not aggressive enough (rolling my eyes). I keep on insisting if I meet somebody, I meet somebody. It is not like there is a field full of single guys and you just run up and knock down the first one you saw and drag the unconscious dude out the field (hehehe, I do have this barbaric hunting image in my head). Anyway, I was talking to my friend today about getting wedding gift. I was telling him that I got invited to a wedding that I haven't talked to that person for ages. He insisted that I should go anyway....to meet people (rolling my eyes even faster!). May be when I attended my friend's wedding this weekend, I should bring my baseball bat with me and knock unconscious the first single guy I met. :P

Updated: Just after I posted this, some random guy from facebook sent me a message and asked to meet me. And my facebook picture was super weird too! HAHAHA!

3 comments:

John Wu said...

finding the special someone is like finding your dream home. No two homes are exactly the same, no two homes are valued the same. You just need to find the first one you like and take it. It might needs some fix up or touch up. But you know, no homes are perfect, especially in this crazy market.... any home is a good home :)

yes, baseball bat is a good idea

Yummy said...

You're hilarious Viv. But I like how you say "If you meet somebody you meet somebody".

gwilli said...

leave it to john wu to turn a relationship into a materialistic event. I'm telling your wife you called her a house, john!