Thursday, September 27, 2007

Accomplishment?

I have been thinking alot lately and I also got asked alot lately: how does I like being project manager compared to developer. I seriously don't know. I like the coordination work and feel that I am on top of things. But then I also miss the coding part. I feel that I don't use my brain anymore. I guess I am using more soft skill with people now instead. But then you don't feel a sense of accomplishment. When you finish working on a piece of code, you see that piece of code. But now when I finish replying email, I....replied the email. It just feel so lame on the accomplishment. The reason I keep thinking about this is that my customer requested that I quantify my work. I was like, how do you put "I reply email and handle whatever crap my architect doesn't feel like doing" in a nicer way. The more I think about it, I really don't know what I do. I go to meeting. I write meeting minute. I keep track of task and ask "nicely" if there is a delay. Now come to think about it, I feel I didn't really achieve anything.

PS. I found this link online while trying to quantify my work. I find that kind of funny. http://decker.typepad.com/welcome/2005/05/what_a_project_.html

No comments: