Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Deep Thinking

I should stop skipping work, I think. Seem like everytime I took days off, I came back with a 2 hour meeting waiting. That happen last Friday and today. They even make the meeting more "exciting" by scheduling it during lunch time. And no one knows if we are getting fed or not. I think people don't remember if you try to lure people into meeting, especial during lunch time, you have to prepare food. I was planning to order pizza anyway if we don't get fed in the meeting. I don't want to walk out to grab lunch in this crappy weather. Anyway, as much "fun" as the meeting is, I actually surprisingly didn't fall asleep. I felt sorry for napping last Friday cause it was vaguely interesting meeting, but you can't escape food coma. But today, I was pretty impressed with myself. May be I was too concentrated on the thought that when would I get fed. Of course I got bored. I was a bit upset that I don't have any document to read or I would have make the time more useful. Without anything to do, I start turning around and looking at people. It entertained me quite a bit. A friend who I know always fell asleep in meeting actually pretty awake, though looked bored. But I saw another friend closed his eyes (though he claimed later that he was just closing the eyes and resting). A lot of people in the 'deep thinking' mode. Another friend actually stood up and then sat down again in the middle of meeting and we all thought he made an effort to leave but failed. Turned out he wanted to ask questions. I was so mad he asked question (cause he lengthened the meeting) and actually yelled his name out quietly (hopefully not much people can hear that :P). I spent most of the second half meeting stared at people and I ended up pretty awake when it ended. Next time at company meeting, I am definitely doing the same thing!

2 comments:

iTripped said...

seems like a productive use of company time to me....

FiSHBoY said...

I would've fallen asleep, too, but I was too _hungry_ to do so! :P