Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Operation

I don't remember when is the last time I went to a hospital, probably when my grandma did her heart surgery, which was long time ago. We went to the hospital today because my mom is having an operation. All I have to say is that TV deceived us all. I didn't even get to see the surgeon today. Well, we met her and talked to her several times before in her office. But today, no sign of her. Well, at least down in the waiting area. My mom did see her when she went to the operation room. But in TV show, you always see the relatives waiting outside the operation room, waiting for that "operation in progress" light to turn off, then they run up to the surgeon and ask. The surgeon will say 'congratulation, the surgery went well' or 'sorry, we try our best', saying of that sort. But nothing today! My dad and I sat in the waiting room the whole times, just waiting. Only people we saw today were nurses. They told us when the surgery starts and around when my mom would come back. And if we want to leave, they can call my cell phone when she is back. That is. No staring at the light anxiously. No doctor coming right out from the operation room saying anything. When they pushed my mom back to the ward, the nurse just told us how to take care of her wound next while. So when people asked me how it goes, I can only say, "I think it went well, I think." Never trust TV! They lie!

No comments: