Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Expired Password

Even though it is for security reason, I really don't like that you need to change your password every couple months. I have two set of passwords so I used to switch back and forth between them. The problem is with my new company, they force us to change every few months and the worst part is you are not allowed to reuse the last 10 passwords! I have been trying to make up random passwords that hopefully I won't forget. Today was especially bad. I have been getting warning about my password about to expire. But I figure I still have few more days before I really have to do anything about it. So today I was at customer's office and I can't login at all! No VPN, no email, no nothing! I was like am I fired?! If I am, I am going back to sleep. I send an IM to my boss and apparently our company's stooopid system won't let people log in remotely if their password expired. I was like, WHAT! But I will be in customer's office for meeting and I can do nothing if I can't login to our system! That is stooopid! So when I went back to my office, I really can't think of new password anymore. But I came up with new way to generate password. Since my password contain number, I would just keep incrementing till I can recycle again. :)

No comments: