Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The First Emergency Experience

The most exciting part of the night isn't playing ultimate. It is my first time going to emergency room! :D That is right. I was at UBC emergency room after my ultimate game :P I got hit in my left eye when I played the last game. I tried to catch a disc and the next thing I know is that I could hear a 'thud' noise and I can't see a thing. I was really scared it would bleed but turn out it is okay. Just everything is kind of blurry. After lying down awhile, I feel I am fine. But everyone insisted that i need to go check it out. My friend basically force me to go to the hospital just in case I was crying in pain later tonight. (I actually wasn't in pain at all, but a bit uncomfortable) So we went to the UBC emergency room. The funniest thing is that at the registration desk, the guy in front of me actually has eye injury too :P So we wait for 30 min or so before they take me into the waiting room. The nurse wanted to test my eye sight and asked me to read. Given that I am technically blind w/o my glasses (they made me take out my contact lens), I can't read a thing on the paper. I can only see a piece of white paper :P So I waited a bit longer and finally see the doctor. Luckily, it was only a scratch and it will heal in a few days. I am going to go back and check again on Thursday though :(. At least it is a minor cut, the guy in front of me apparently need to go to VGH right away to get operated on. Scary stuff!!

1 comment:

酷伯的娘 said...

Shouldn't you give your eye some rest and not playing with your computer?

Rest and take a week off!