Thursday, February 09, 2006

Death of a Sandwich

This is a very sad story. So sad that every time I told it, I almost had tear in my eyes. It happen during lunch time today. Since my afternoon was packed with meeting, we decided to go for a quick lunch. As usual, quick lunch mean sandwich from the sub. As I was happily walking back to work, the paper bag holding my sandwich decided to split into two. And my sandwich DROPPED!!!! It was not even on the ground but on the mud!! And it is an avocado shrimp sandwich. So there is mayo and all sort of messiness. And now they are all lying on the ground sadly. I was so shocked that I was technically screaming "my sandwich, my sandwich". Of course there were people walking around us but I ignored them cause I was traumatized. To emphasize the seriousness of the situation, an avocado shrimp sandwich from deli is not a regular sandwich. It is a freshly made sandwich. So you actually have to line up in a separate line and take extra effort for it. And now it is GONE! And I can't even apply the 3 second rule cause it is in the mud not ground. I don't like dirt in my food. Eating dirt was never my thing, not even when I was a kid. I now can only mourn about my sandwich and then walked back to the office and eat my instant noodle. I was so upset that for a second I was planning to make my afternoon interview with the coop so miserable that he would run out here with tear.

2 comments:

ray said...

hahaha... that's what the nick name of your msn was about! actually, i heard mud has lots of mineral, next time u might still want to apply your 3 seconds rule, who knows, it might be really good for u. :P

hehehe...

iTripped said...

First off, I thought it was a 5 second rule. Is the 3 second rule for mud?

I have an aunt who used to remind me that 'we all must eat a peck of dirt before we die.' I think she explained that a peck is roughly a large handful.

My condolances on your loss though. The sandwich looked amazingly good.