Thursday, February 09, 2006

Food from Class

This is the salmon rillette that I made on the weekend to practice what I learn in last week's class so I won't forget. There should have another layer of sour cream on top, but I was being cheap and don't want waste money on something I don't eat. The taste wasn't too bad (My dad who doesn't eat fish finish the whole thing so I assume it taste fine). For this week, we made focaccia bread, chicken under a brick, goat cheese salad and basmati rice pilaf. It was pretty interesting. I never made a bread dough before so it was kind of scary that it got stickier and stickier when you knead the dough. Fortunately one of the girls in my group is actually a pastry student. So she knew all the trick to work with dough. The chicken is pretty tasty too. But I don't think I would do that dish in my house. When we pan fried the chicken, there was a lot of fire coming from the stove that I was kind of freaking out. That happened to me one time at my parents' old house. I tried to heat the oil and eventually it became so hot that it turn into big fire. I dropped the wok on the floor and screamed so my brother came into rescue. Ever since that, my mom's kitchen floor had a burnt mark to remind her of my crime. If I were to do this dish at home, may be I would just throw the whole chicken in the oven. So no fire can come out anywhere and burn down my place.

No comments: