Thursday, February 02, 2006

Interview

My evil manager decided to delegate more work to me and made me and another friend to go thru the whole process of hiring the new coop. At first we thought he meant we would assist him. So we skim thru the pile of resume and make comment on each of them. But he wanted us to pick some to come interview. So two of us sat down and read each resume more seriously and discussed our view on the person. After 1.5 hour later (we were very serious about this!), we picked our candidates (of course we complained there is no picture attached or the process will go faster :P). We thought that was the end of our involvement in the hiring process. Now my manager wanted us to do the interview too. Either of us has done an interview before. And my manager ain't going to even meet the person. He will just based the hiring on our comment. Now we are both a bit nervous. We are getting a list of questions that HR has so we can prepare more what to do. Apparently the other development team has a standard assessment test that we could use too. The embarrassing thing is that when I skim thru it, my first reaction is that I wonder I could get an answer key too cause I don't know some of the answers. I don't know if it is fair to give a test that I can't even do it off my head. We decided to meet up next week before the interview process started to discuss how we are going to do the interview. It would be funny if we are more nervous than the interviewer.

1 comment:

iTripped said...

That's too bad. It would have been nice for the manager to at least sit in on the first interview to show you how to give a proper interview. After showing you the first one, then he can leave you to future interviews.