Friday, May 11, 2007

Cornered

If someone ask you, do you think I am so-and-so kind of people, how would you answer? Or they ask you "people think I am so-and-so, what do you think?" The way that person phase the question is expecting you to agree. If you actually don't think so, would you speak your opinion? I actually lied when I got asked last time. Someone asked if I think he is a trustworthy person and my immediate reaction is "No, I don't trust you" but that would require some confrontation/explanation, and I am not ready to do so with someone I don't know well enough. So I decided to lie. I felt bad but then I really don't know how to answer. If the question is from a friend, I probably would give an honest answer. What would you do?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Respond with a question. Don't answer what they asked, instead ask what could possibly make them think this. Phrase the question in a way that makes it look like you agree with them, but doesn't actually commit you.

gwilli said...

or shoot first, ask questions later. bam bam!