Thursday, February 07, 2008

Body Check Part 1

Today I went to do a series of blood tests as part of my body check. I am actually quite familiar with blood test procedure. Because of my thyroid problem, I need to do a blood test every year. However, I was never thrilled when the nurse came close with a needle ready to poke me. Today is a bit special. Because of the number of tests I need to do, they need to take 5 tubes of blood from me compared to the regular 2 tubes. Usually I would turn away and not look at how they took the blood from me until they are done. But today it took longer than usual and I turned my head and looked. I was stunned. I was scared to see how fast my blood leaving my body and streaming into the bottle. I felt so weak all a sudden, as if my life was leaving me. I almost wanted to faint. I had to take several deep breaths to calm myself. I know. I am such a wimp. Faint after looking at my own blood for 2 seconds. But it is really scary! I am glad I never choose to be a doctor.

1 comment:

ray said...

You should be even more scared if you see your blood leaving your body slowly. ;) Usually that means u'll be poked the 2nd time. :)