Monday, February 25, 2008

Shiny New Tires!

I finally got my new tires after struggling for the whole winter. I knew I need tire after sliding all over and finally need to abandon my car during the first snow last winter. But since my car service centre has tire for life warranty if I brought my car back for service, I have been waiting for them to give me my free tires. That is right. It is free! But when I brought my car in during in December, the guy said they need to check with the warranty centre because I was late for service couple times. They may void my tire for life. I was so mad when I heard that cause I don't remember anyone telling me they would void that if I am late for service. And what if I was late, if they void my free tires now, I would never go back for service and that probably will cost them more. But since they said they will call me back, I guess I will wait before yelling at people. But they never call me back. I waited and waited and no one bother calling me. And then I brought my car in again for some other thing and another guy said they would check again for my tires. And of course they never call too. So after the whole winter without proper tires for driving in the snow, I am glad the snow season finally over. And when I brought my car for service last week, the guy suddenly mention that I need new tires and they ordered for me already and they are free! I was sooo happy. Cause the service centre quoted me $200 per tires plus labour. I don't have that $1200! I am so glad everything is free now. One thing I wasn't too happy though. They were supposed to call me on Tuesday when the tires arrived. Yet again, they never did. And when I called them on Thursday, they said I need to book an appointment. I have been driving on my spare tires for more than a week. :( But oh well, free tires. :)

No comments: