Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bookroom Robbery

From my training in Toronto back in March that I know OMF has a book room. And they have a list of books that I would like to get. I didn't get it back then cause I figured the Singapore office must have it too and it would save me luggage space to get it in Singapore. But one month later, I still haven't figured out where their book room is. So this time when I am in US, I figured I would go find the book room. Monday morning, book room was my first top. I told the guy who works in the book room that I am looking for some books. He asked which one. I said for sure one the title Killing Field. He then smiled and brought me to his desk. He opened his drawer and gave me that book. He told me that the cover was a bit scratch so he can't sell it. But he kept it anyway just in case. And that is the only copy he has left. And he will just give it to me. I was stunned to hear that. I was going to just get it anyway even though the cover was a bit scratched. I didn't expect it to be free. So I thank him and keep looking around. I found the other two books that I want and going to pay. Here he is again, searching thru his drawer and found me the two books both with the cover tiny scratches. Now I am even more shocked. He was happily give me those book and I felt like I robbed his book room :D But I am happy to walk out with a pile of free books.

No comments: