Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Starbucks Guy

So after a month of hot and humid Southeast Asia, here I am back to North America again. I am running some training session in Denver. The first thing I arrived is NOT going to Starbucks. In fact, the coffee in US office is quite alright that I am surviving quite well. But I did go on the weekend. I got my usual drink, brought my book and relaxing. Suddenly a noise THUMP and the guy on the table close to me dropped his drink on the floor. It splashed everywhere. Luckily, it didn't get on my clothes (I was wearing white!) but just my arm and couple drop on my face. He apologized and went to get a mop. I figured I would go the washroom to clean up. Not sure if it is safe to leave my drink around, I took it with me. While I was cleaning up, I swang and THUMP. My drink dropped at the EXACT same way the guy did and now I made a mess in the washroom. ERRRRR. So I went back out to get a mop. That guy was cleaning up the floor with a towel. I asked him for the towel and told him what happened. I was debating if I should get another drink. But being a poor missionary I figured it may not be good to get two Starbucks in one day. But that guy felt bad splashing me and bought me a drink. :) No Ray, I didn't ask for his name or phone number. :)

2 comments:

Gary F said...

lol. At least got 1.5x your daily caffeine

Jun said...

ah, I was about to ask the same question as Ray would! What a good start for a novel. :D