Monday, April 14, 2008

A Loooooooog Update

I believed that my tolerance for yucky coffee has gone up. I have been drinking the office coffee last few days and still surviving. That mainly because 1. I am extremely tired and need my caffeine. 2. The fridge in my place broke down so I ran out of milk to make coffee at home. I was going to give myself a perfect excuse to go Starbucks everyday till the fridge is fixed. BUT WHAT KIND OF STARBUCKS OPEN AT 7:30AM!!! If I get my drink at 7:30am, I will be late for work. I have to give in that idea and keep drinking yucky coffee till the fridge is fixed. Luckily the guy should come over tomorrow. But I am flying out to USA on Friday, guess at least I can have less yucky coffee next two days. Yup, that is right. I am coming back to North America after you all said bye to me a month ago. It is not my choice! If it is up to me, I wouldn't try my ability to fix jet lag again. But my boss wanted me to run the training session in USA (who knows why?! may be I am from Canada and that is closed enough to USA?) I will be in USA for 2 weeks which is good enough for me to be away from the hot weather. Now the challenge is whether I would sleep in my own training session. Hahaha! I have a feeling that my boss love the idea to torture me cause there is a very high chance I am coming back in June again. I have to wonder should I bother fixing my jet lag.

Last week was definitely interesting at work. I was in meeting for whole week. It is called blueprinting meeting. Basically the consultant presented their solution and the people from the organization found any discrepancy to their business logic. I called it interesting because it is a group of tech people meeting with non-tech people. Sometimes the conversation goes on and on and on and on. I have also see how the project manager from the consulting team and my boss works in that case. I have to say I have so much to learn from them to be called a project manager. I felt that what I did last year as like baby step. Now that the week was over, the consulting team took what was discussed in the meeting and created a blueprint document so everyone would agree on the process.

Homesick was something I didn't expect happen to me so soon. I thought I would be so busy with all the new thing that I won't miss home at all. It shocked me that two weeks in Singapore, I really hate meeting people. The office is the headquarter of the organization and there are people constantly coming in and out. I will see new faces every day when I tried to remember the old ones. I hate every bit of that. I felt like I am at a cocktail party and keep hanging out with strangers and chit chat and never get to go home. I want to just see a friendly face. I want to see friends that would just know me and what I think instead of trying to make connection. I hate every second of it. I blame curly for my anti-social mood. After working with him for so many years, I just hate people :)

I did do something over the weekend to help me de-stress. I went to play beach ultimate. It has been weeks before I finally kicked myself to ultimate. And it was fun! For sure it was hard to run on the sand and my back muscle hurt like hell the next day, but I did have fun. I met some people from local and figured out their schedule. I will try to play more pick up games when I got back from USA.

More pictures up on here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=44926&l=4d54c&id=521521186. Some people said the pictures look like I am on vacation, but I don't think anyone want to see picture of me working or staring at document, right? :)

1 comment:

gwilli said...

I would like to see at least 10 pictures of you staring at a document.