Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A Letter

I got a letter from my second sponsored kid today. I start child sponsoring thru World Vision several years ago. My first kid is from South America but I never bother writing to him. Ever since I came back from Cambodia, I really want to do something so I decided to sponsor a second child from Cambodia. When I first got his picture, I was a bit disappointed because he wasn't very cute looking (I know I know, I am shallow). But I was sad after I read his description. His parents both passed away and he stayed with his relatives now. As people already struggle with daily necessity, taking care of another child add extra burden to the family. I felt so sad for such a young kid to go thru that (He is only Grade 1) but yet I know it is very common in third world country. Anyway, when I got his letter today, I am pretty happy. I never got a letter from my sponsored kids. He didn't say much except to thank me. But somehow that make the whole thing more personal. He isn't just a picture that I sent my money for. May be I will be less lazy and write him and my other sponsored kid back.

2 comments:

binaryMuggle said...

I've been lazy in writing to my sponsored children too. Tell us what you write after finishing your letter!

ray said...

man, you guys are so loving!