Friday, November 16, 2007

Beijing Duck

Since I was travelling alone, I wasn't sure if I should go eat Beijing Duck. But then everyone keep saying that is something you can't miss. I figure why not. So I went to the most famous place Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant (全聚德) for lunch one day. I ordered half a duck and a veggie dish since I haven't eat anything green for like....7 days :(. I actually found it quite disappointing. The veggie dish I order was actually quite tasty. But the whole time I kept wondering if they use duck fat to cook the mushroom cause everything on the menu seems to contain duck. Then came the main dish. They first gave me a small dish of skin only. I had two pieces. I swear that those two pieces could have given me a heart attack. IT IS ALL GREASE! And it doesn't even have much taste. All I can taste is oil. Then the rest of the duck. You have to order the side dish separately. So I only order wrap and sauce. The duck meat is actually quite dry. I was not very impressed after all, especially it is the most famous restaurant. I think I make a better duck than them :P The whole meal cost me RMB 200. I almost cried when I paid and want a refund.

1 comment:

Yummy said...

OMG I had the same thing at the same place!! (and I had the same comment as well...)