Sunday, November 11, 2007

Food from Chengde

Food is the most important part for my trip. I actually travel to eat. Here is some of the food I had in Chengde. Most of the time I just wander around and walk into a place where it has tons of people.

I didn't know that "seaweed wrapped rice" mean sushi! I felt I got ripped off. But then it is only RMB 12. I guess I can't complain.
The wonton is okay. Just pork. RMB 4 only. What more do you want!
Congee and steamed bun. I refused to stay in my hotel and paid RMB 15 for a breakfast buffet. Instead, I found this congee place next to my hostel. This is only RMB 4 :D
This is from a dumpling specialty store and it is seriously YUMMY dumpling. It is a bit more pricey though, RMB 30. But it is because of the content I picked. It is 桂花鱼 (a kind of fish but I don't know the English name). I would say this is well worth it! Just looking at the picture make my mouth water again :D
I was freezing my bum bum off while walking down the street so I decided to have hot pot for dinner. The waitress thought I was nut to eat hot pot by myself. I didn't order much though. Just lamb :) For some reason, they seem to use less sauce than what I am used to, but I guess peanut sauce is enough for lamb.

No comments: