Friday, November 16, 2007

Sunday Sermon

I found out that there is a church around my hostel. I was kind of surprised because I was staying in the older part of Beijing and I totally didn't expect that there is a church. So I decided to attend the Sunday service as usual. They have 4 different time and given that I am a lazy bum these days, I picked the 11am one (I could have gone to the 7pm one!!!) The most interesting thing is the pastor wasn't even there physically. They have TV set and they are just playing the video tape of a pastor preaching in another location. I found it quite interesting. I thought I may know some of the hymn back from the elementary school years, but apparently not. There are a lot of different age group in the church, even some like grandma ages. The pastor preached in Chinese. I already have difficulties with listening to Mandarin and listening to sermon in Chinese is another challenge. I soon started to zone out :P I felt a bit bad because my neighbors were all madly taking notes and my mind wandered off to thinking where to go next. I should have search for an English sermon and may be that would be easier for me not zzzz :P

No comments: