Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Blackout

Electricity is one thing that you don't realize how much you rely on it until you don't have it. A friend was complaining there was thunder over at her place and electricity was out for awhile. That reminds me one morning I woke up and electricity was out in my building. At least it is good that it was in the morning and I could still see what I was doing. Sitting at home and having nothing to do (no TV, no radio, no internet, no food, no nothing!!!) I decided to go out instead. I first had to take a cold shower and fix myself up in the dark (well, not that dark) Since I wasn't sure if I could get my car out (because of the garage door) I brought my backpack to bring a bunch of stuff in case I have to take a bus to get away from this lack of electricity area. For some reason I could still turn on my alarm (they must be using their own power source??!!) The hallway had very dim light and I had to walk very slow. When I got to the stairwell, I decided to turn back to get extra light source. The stairwell has absolutely no light at all, not even a backup one. And I wasn't ready to fall on the stairs in the dark. Good that my mom planned ahead and forced me to have a flash light at home. So I went back to grab my flash light and started my adventure again: to wander around my building in the dark. I finally got downstairs onto the first floor. Now I started worried that I can't get back into the building because the main gate used a key card to open. Good that again it used a separate power source. (I actually hold the door opened and tried the scanner and see if I heard a "beep" sound) Now the most exciting part, whether I could actually get my car out. When I walked down to the garage and saw all the gates actually up, I was sooooo happy!!! I quickly got to my car and ran away from this place!

No comments: