Sunday, September 11, 2005

Last Wedding of the Year

Finally attended last wedding of the year. My wallet can finally rest till next year (may be the year after cause I haven't heard anyone planning to get married next year yet..wheeeeee!!) This wedding is actually a bit different than the rest I went this year. First, it is not Chinese. So everything is a bit different. This is a wedding I was the only Asian in church till the groom's family came. I almost felt a bit uneasy and wasn't sure I went to the right wedding. But I did see his picture on the reception table. Though it is like the 3rd time I heard the passage 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy...) I still felt very touched in this wedding. This is actually the second wedding I want to cry. Everything is very simple, but I can see my friend is very happy. And I am really happy for him. The dinner is a buffet style. It is more quiet compared to the rowdiness in Chinese wedding. Chinese wedding is all about games and noise. Western wedding seem more loving and warmth. I really like his groommen's speech. It is very touching (though I totally disagree, the groom is so not trustworthy, dependable, loving, caring person!!! :P) Though I didn't fool around a lot, I like it being simple and touching.

1 comment:

iTripped said...

Vivian, is this you?? I wasn't sure until I read the last couple lines in this post. THEN I knew.