Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Travel Plan

A friend and I are going to Montreal next week to meet up with another friend and then 3 of us will go to Quebec city together for a weekend. Since I never traveled with these friends before, I tried to be more organize. I am scared they will kill me. My friends who always travel with me know how "off" I can be on vacation. Last time when I went visit my friend in England, she gave me her cell phone to find me. And everytime she called, I was lost. I sort of know where I need to go, and then I let myself wander off. It is all part of travel experience. Besides, I am on vacation. I don't really need to turn on my brain. I could take out my map and look for my way, but I am not in a hurry, I may as well just enjoy wherever my legs take me. I already booked the train and the accommodation to stayed in Quebec. I don't know how dynamic they could be. I was almost sure they would kill me if we find accommodation after we got off the train. In order to stay alive, I would rather do some more work before my precious holiday. I figure I could leave the dynamic part later in my trip. Personally I like finding a place to stay when I arrived, so I can know what area I am staying in, how clean the place is, and what sort of people staying there. But oh well, it could be for a change. The friend traveling with me worried about me being stressed out on planning cause she knew I usually don't plan much. My most organized planning is done on plane. I will quickly flip thru where I should go and then ignore it till I got off and found a tourist centre. I will decide after I arrived. Usually it was because I worked till the last min before I leave so I don't have much time before my trip to plan. My ex-traveling buddy used to do all the planning cause playing is always top priority for her. She could do all the planning and I just brought my body over to the place and go wherever she wanted to go (and I usually don't care much anyway) Now that she is all married and not available, I guess I have to find time to slack and do some planning myself :(

No comments: