Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Vacation Planning

We could get stood up by boyfriend, girlfriend, date, friends, doctor, acupuncturist (in my case). How often your parents will bail out on you? I was planning to be a good daughter and go to Toronto with them. But I also want to go to Montreal to visit a friend. So I decided I will leave earlier to visit my friend, then go to Toronto to meet up with my parents. They were very excited cause my mom has been complaining that I haven't traveled with them for so many years. We even worked out the detail when to meet up last night. So I went and confirmed my vacation and detail of the plan today. I even checked my flight and train connection. I was so excited that I didn't do much work at all today. I was busy checking schedule, emailing my friend to confirm detail, bugging my manager for more vacation. In the end, I had it all work out and just waiting for my parents to confirm on their end before I booked my ticket. When I called my mom at home, she told me she can't go anymore!!! I was so shocked to hear that. It was almost not a problem for her to take that vacation since she worked part time only these days. And my dad already had that week off. It is almost perfect plan. Except my mom said her manager asked her to work that week and she said yes. I was ...!!!! How could she bail out on me like this!!! For once I wanted to be good daughter and this is what I got!!! I can't even change my vacation cause if I don't take that week, I won't have anything till end of October and it would be too cold to go anywhere. After making fun of my friend who got ditched by her mom on Mother's Day for sooo long, I can't believe same faith happened on me.

No comments: