Thursday, September 08, 2005

Judged

Had a discussion tonight at fellowship about struggle. One of my struggle is scared to be judged. I am pretty sure that a lot of my behavior doesn't qualify as Christian-like. I felt defensive if someone told me what I did wrong. I would think, "Hey, you are no better than me, don't point your finger at me, mind your own business". A friend once told me I would accept other pointing at my wrong doing if I respect the person and trust the person's opinion. If a random stranger walked up to me and told me what I did wrong as Christian, I would totally feel offended. I felt my friend's church is more conservative and while helping him out at his wedding, I always wonder what do they think of me? I almost regret telling them that I go to church cause they may have certain standard to judge me? If they think I am non-Christian, may be they have another standard. That is another thing I told my friend I don't like about our discussion. Cause there are too many times we said we Christian don't do that, whereas non-Christian would do that. I know most of the times Christians don't think they are better, in fact they just acknowledge the fact that they are sinners as well. But the way we talk we sound like we take pride and think that we are better. But partly may be because I feel offended as if they are pointing finger at me. We Christian don't drink (well, I still do...) We Christian don't go party (well, I don't go often, but I don't mind...) May be because I felt guilty about those and feel offended when someone brought that up. A friend remind me, in the end, everything is between me and God, not from others.

No comments: