Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Prayer

A friend sent me a blog that is written by his friend. It is a collection of email/prayer requests that he sent during his mother fighting cancer, from she first diagnosed with cancer, till she passed away. My friend bet I would cry reading the blog cause last time when I was watching a video of our old instructor, I cried like crazy. But it was different back then. I know my instructor pretty well and this time I don't know the person or his mom. But the blog does bring back a lot of memory of what happen to my mom. Luckily, my mom won the battle. I am amazed how organized he was on prayer item. I don't even know how to get my fellowship to pray for me back then. I remembered my fellowship had a prayer meeting for me and my pastor asked how to pray for me. I actually wasn't sure what to pray for. I was mad, confused and lost. I totally understood when he mentioned the pain watching his mom suffer and the helplessness he felt. And the confusion with the doctor and surgeon, my family went thru the same thing. Luckily for my family, the battle wasn't long. It was quick and short. Even it was only several weeks, it was very tiring for my mom and my family. I still remember how scary it was to wait for my mom to do her test after a year. I didn't know till last minute that she had a test that day. Since I was unemployed then, I figured I would drive her. I don't know if my mom was scared at all, but I know while I was in the waiting room, it totally freaked me out. I keep praying and shaking. The scary part of cancer is you never know whether it would come back or not. And I was so relieved my mom is clear now. My eyes did fill with tear when I read that he sang "Amazing Grace" while his mom passed away. I am truly touched. I am totally amazed how he can still stay faithful thru all these. After my mom's surgery, my friends ask would I blame God if anything bad happen. I said I have no answer. I really don't know.

No comments: