Saturday, March 03, 2007

Unashamed


I was watching a show on TV tonight called "The Collector". It is a show about a soul-collector who works for the devil. But he made a deal with the devil so he can try to help his "clients" to make amends during their last 48 hours on earth. This episode is about the main character trying to save a priest who is a very successful exorcist. He was successful because he made a deal with the devil back then. He sold his soul to the devil so he could preform exorcism successfully. Very ironic, huh? What touched me the most was in the end, when that priest can't perform the exorcism because of his own past. The junior priest ran in to help him. The devil mocked the junior priest for even dare to come over because he was just sexual tempted by a woman. The priest answered that he may be weak and he was not worthy to call for God's help, but as long as he has faith, God would not forsake him. It was from God's grace that He answered. What the junior priest said was so true. I kept sinning against God even I despise myself. But yet He is always here and opened His arm to take me back. How could He do that before even knowing me? I was so touched and started crying. This song lyric suddenly come so clear in my mind.

And I know I'm weak
I know I'm unworthy
To call upon Your name
But because of grace
Because of Your mercy
I stand here unashamed
- Unashamed, Starfield

1 comment:

gwilli said...

nothing like primetime tv to teach you about god.

that song reminded me of a song, too...

I know it's late,
I know you're weary,
I know your plans
don't include me...
-Bob Segar, We Got Tonight.