Friday, March 02, 2007

Type A Personality

I was talking about type A personality with my friend the other day. If there is anything that God wants to teach me from my last job, I think it is patient. My previous job was very stressful and constantly pressure by customer support to give them an answer. Basically, if customer pressured support for an answer, their manager pressure me, and I go to bug developers. But everybody hate being micromanage, especially my team. They hate being asked every hour for an update. And I worked with them for so long that I know I have to stand back and let them do their work or they would be pissed. I thought I learnt enough to be more relaxed and not micromanage and stop being a control freak, but apparently I am not. When there was still no email sent about plan for this Friday fellowship from the teens, I started to get very tense. We wanted to encourage to teens in the fellowship by giving them more responsibility. But when I heard nothing still on Wednesday, I got pretty stressed out. I don't know what is going on. The other organizer sent an email to the teens in my group and cc'd me in and I never saw a reply from them. I don't know if they were actually doing anything. I was very tempted to take things in my own hand but I know I shouldn't. I have forced myself to just sit and wait. Finally an email was sent on Thursday night but didn't give much detail. That is okay. At least it is a start. I found out later today that apparently all the organizers have been talking to each other. It was just me who know nothing about. I felt relieved and glad that the teens were responsible. And I felt upset about my attitude. I was so impatient and quick to judge. I still have so much to learn for being patient and trusting people.

No comments: