Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Dentist

I was never scared of dentist when I was a kid. Even though it was never pleasant experience, going to one won't make me scream and cry. But recently, I have been trying to avoid to go to see my dentist. I had been kind of frustrated with my dentist. Last time when I went to have my teeth clean, my dentist sent me off to this hygienist instead of doing it herself. And that hygienist really likes to chat. I mean while I was sitting there with a mouth full of equipment that he put there, he kept asking me question. It is not even a yes/no question that I could just make noise to answer. He expected me to do a real conversation! What the! He kept saying I should wear braces cause my front teeth is a bit out too much. I kept mumbling that I was afraid of the pain. Seeing how much my brother suffered during that two years of wearing braces, I am a bit too old to go thru that. And I am a bit too old to wear braces. It is a teenage thing. After that, you look a bit too dorky. I got really annoyed at the end when he kept saying I should do it. And last time when my dentist did my filling. It took soooo long. I was sitting there for two hours. I must be allergic to the drug she used cause I kept wanting to throw up. Or may be I just sat too long without moving my head. I have to constrain myself a lot to not kick her. And she did a poor job too. For a whole month, I felt pain in my teeth everytime when I ate food that is cold. After that, I really hate going back anymore. But I think my teeth is due for cleaning. I guess I will look for the other dentist that my friend suggested.

2 comments:

erinator said...

dr derek! okamura dental on broadway, near macdonald! right across from semperviva yoga!

though the hygienists do the cleaning and the last couple of hygienists i encountered there were pretty bad - one kept knocking my front teeth with her mirror when she went to go grab a new tool or write something down. the other would spray water all over the place (down the side of my face and neck!) and did stuff like try to hold back my tongue with that pointy scrapy tool after she dropped the original tongue-holding back thingy she was using on the floor.

sigh.

but my dentist is awesome. he makes such an effort to make sure my teeth don't hurt.

erinator said...

or maybe you're talking about your other friend... who has a better dentist?