Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Harry Potter

One of the biggest accomplishment I did on the trip was that I finished reading the last two Harry Potter books (hehe..yes, the dictionary size one) I brought along the book 5 hoping to finish reading it. I got it years ago but never finished reading it. Enough people spoiled the surprise for me made me not wanting to finish it. A friend worked that casually into a conversation and made me so mad that I can't even refuse to listen. Another friend used the surprise as password for her team and when she got yelled at by her team member, she told me the story and again, I just can't even shut her up (would her rice tix please smack her now if she is laughing hard?) Since usually I could read quite a bit on my trip (except the Lord of the Ring book which I think is hopeless to finish) I decided to give it another chance and brought it along. Once I started in it, I found that I can't stop. Though a lot of people said Harry Potter became very annoying into book 5, I can see so much of him in me. I could just be as annoying, sensitive, defensive and bad temper as him. Only difference is he would snap whenever, but I would usually control more instead of yelling at everybody. Part of the reason I was so lack of sleep is because I was reading the book late at night. When I finally put down book 5, I really want to start the latest book. I knew it would be insane to bring two dictionary size books with me, but it is not like I didn't bring tons of books with me on my vacation before. I got all the first 4 Harry Potter books during my trip in England. I was reading like crazy one after another. And, since I happen to find a Chapters in Toronto, I may as well pick up the next one. After reading everything in two days, I felt a sense of loss. I don't know what I could do next. My friend said we are suffering the withdrawal. I know I want to watch the movie again cause I want to know who play some of the characters. My friend re-read all the other books again. I was searching online for more info on the upcoming movie and finding out the cast. I also searched for rumour about the next book in the hope will give me some hint what to expect next. Errr...how much longer I need to wait for the next book?! :(

No comments: