Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Where is My Hot Water!!!

I once did a psychological test: do you prefer to die of hunger or cold? My instant response is hunger. I know I really really really hate being cold and suffering thru that before I die is definitely a torture. Having said that, I have been taking cold water shower last week cause the boiler in my place broke down. The day I came back from my vacation, I found out that the water in my place was not hot enough for a shower. But I waited and waited and waited until I was about to pass out on my couch and then I took a luke warm shower. It felt nasty. Then the situation got worse and worse. I finally didn't even have any slightly warm water. I had to shower under icy cold water for a week now. I wondered if it was just me or it affected my neighbours too cause no way no one complained after a whole week of no hot water. At first I suspect may be I forgot to pay my strata fee and that is what they punished me for. I checked and I did pay last month. So now I suspect it may be my neighbour who complained about the noise I made and shut off my hot water. If I found out he/she did that, I will sue him/her till death!!!!! I finally gave up and called property management yesterday. Apparently, the boiler broke down while I was on vacation (that mean two freaking weeks without hot water!!! I should consider myself lucky then) and they were waiting for the builder to fix it. The builder came and said it was missing a part and needed to put in an order. I asked when can it be fixed then. He said he was about to call and see if the part arrived yet. And even if he found another contractor to fix it, the contractor still needed that part anyway. In another word, he had absolutely no idea!!!! I didn't know how my neighbours survived two weeks without hot water. It has been very cold lately in Vancouver and I am absolutely not happy with cold water shower, even in hot summer days. My body didn't like it either. It was breaking apart. Errrr....FIX IT!!!!

3 comments:

iTripped said...

Hey Viv, don't you still have showers at the office?

wiwian said...

we still do..but I was too lazy to pack my stuff. :P
I could always move back to my parents too. Yet again, I was lazy :P

ray said...

the answer is easy, viv. Your neighbour doesn't shower!

And, FYI, u can still boil water to take shower, just like when it was in the 70s, and 80s.