Thursday, March 24, 2005

Coworkers Who "Care"

My friend was telling me the other day how nosy her coworker is. After I heard her story, I told her compared to my coworkers, hers is nothing. Seriously, how often your manager will ask your friend 'what is your intention for her'? Even my dad didn't do that when I was in high school! To make it worse, he didn't do that when they are alone. Oh no, it has to be a group of coworkers casually chatting and then my stupidly manager happens to "CASUALLY" raise the question! And when you feel like dress up one day, crazy people will keep asking you if you are going a date that night. I never wear a dress again on friday because I happened to wear it once, and one of my friends announced to the whole office that I have a date that night. If we are in a small office, that is fine (Well, I shouldn't say fine, but at least my motivation to beat him up would be way less.) Nope. Our office had around 100 people back then and I barely knows anyone from upstairs! Can you even imagine in a more embarassing situation?! There was one time that my manager suggested my teammates to stalk me on then weekend so they can find out who my friends are. In fact, they "care" too much nowaday that no matter where I am going, they always ask if there are cute guys. Whenever they look at my pictures, first thing they look for are guys I took picture with. I remember when they find out I start going to church. They are soooo interested in coming with me, not to be religious, but to find out the people I am with. Try to understand this. They "care" who I am with. They "want to make sure I am with the right people". Not to be nosy about whether there is guys, more importantly, single guys in my church. I felt that whatever altitude my dad lack of during my teenage year, my "caring" coworkers make it ALL up for him.

1 comment:

Winsor said...

They just care "too much" about you! :)