Thursday, March 31, 2005

Mending Friendship

I don't know anyone ever try to restore friendship. I never did. I always the first one to jump the boat whenever something went wrong. I should say I have been lucky that I don't have much experience on that with my close friends, till recently. Then, I realize how hard it really is. After what happened, we sort of lose the closeness we used to have. We do still talk but it seem like we avoid to get too personal. You know how you talk to people that you barely knew. You keep your conversation on the surface. That is us, who once we were close friends. Sometimes I am not sure if it is worth to maintain the friendship anymore. If I can't even talk to my friend, what is the point of calling the person your friend? I understand it takes times to heal. But I am not sure why we bother anymore. There was a time that all my responses to the conversation was 'whatever'. A friend said that if I don't bother defending myself, that mean I don't care what the other person think of me. And that is not a good sign for friendship. I never think about it that way. I just got sick of have to defend my point of view all the times. May be my friend was right. May be I just don't care anymore. How can you be friend with a person that you don't know if you trust the person anymore? I guess if we are meant to be friends, time will heal.

PS. I was listening to radio this morning while driving to work, the guy mention "Happy are the healers, happy are the peacemakers". He remind me of what I read from a book. You don't want to be stubborn to a friend cause you never know if you have time. We always think we have lots of time on hand, but we never know.

No comments: