Saturday, March 12, 2005

Trust in Friendship

I remember one of the conversations with my friends regarding trust in friendship. How much do you tell your friends about yourself, everything? or only part of you? Would we become too vulnerable if we open ourselves up? Can we still trust people? Would your friend one day be the one who hurt you the most because you open up yourself? May be we should start keeping that mask on even when you are with your friends.

My friend said, "If what I may gain (ie. friendship) by opening myself up is more than what I may lose(ie. trust), I'll do it. Just don't be too worried about it. Trust your sense and judgement."

"If you decided to stop eating soup because it burned your tongue once, you might miss all the good taste and nutrients of all those soups out there that you hadn't tried. You know what I mean?
Just be more careful next time when you meet a new friend. Nobody ask you to trust that person at the 1st sight. If a person is trustworthy, you'll eventually accept him/her. Don't be too worried about who you met before. Look forward. There're still a lot of ppl you'll meet everyday."

I understand what my friend's saying, but tonight I just feel like re-reading her message to remind myself that again. I really do thank God for putting my friends in my life. I can't imagine what I could do without them.

No comments: