Thursday, January 05, 2006

2005

I know this blog probably should be the year end entry, but I was lazy/busy then and my fellowship has a meeting on this today: reflection upon 2005. It brought me back to think about last year. It definitely was an interesting year last year. There were a lot of ups and downs. In the beginning of the year, I accepted Christ while I was having some struggle with my personal life. Had my moment of spiritual high, and then right around summer, I hit the spiritual low. I was so lost that I didn't know what to do anymore. I wasn't sure I am doing the right thing or following the right path. I was thinking in circle that no one can get me thru. I felt suffocated to the whole idea of going to church. Or this church, not sure if that makes any difference. After several months of struggles, I think I slowly clear out my mind again. Something just hit me one day and all the burden seem to be lifted. This year, I hope I could walk more strongly in this faith with God. Personal life, have a lots of ups and downs too. My brother left town was the biggest thing for me and my family. First Christmas without him around. With so many unknowns, he took off and moved to Hong Kong in the hope of finding a future with more prospect. He had his difficulties but now he had a good job and more settled down. Got hurt by people that I thought we were closed friends. Things are not the same anymore, but at least the burden is lifted up somewhat. May be one day it will disappear. Sprained my ankle so badly that made me feel weak and helpless. Found out that I do have a lot of friends who care, that I could borrow shoulders on when I was in need (though next time may be I will stick with local friends cause long distance phone bill hurt after I felt hurt!). Got closer with some friends this year that I know I could count on and share with. Got very bored at my job and then got moved to this position that is very challenging (a bit too challenging that made me want to go back to my bored life sometimes). Started this blog and continuously keeping it still (longest time everin this kind of diary type thingy!). Overall, I don't think it is a bad year. I tripped. I learnt. I cried. I laughed. I cherished every moment in the past year. For the people who helped me in so many different ways that you can't even imagine, thank you.

1 comment:

iTripped said...

iTripped, uTripped, we-all-Tripped!

Happy new year, Viv