Friday, January 20, 2006

Debt

This is an eventful day so I have to make a third blog entry. So today I finally kicked my lazy ass downstairs to grab my mail tonight. It has been a week now. I figured I don't have too much mail anyway so I could grab it once a week. Bad thing: I found I got a letter from an adjustment company that require my immediate attention. Months ago I got this parking ticket from City of Richmond. I put it aside and then forgot about it. Not until during my Christmas vacation when I cleaned up my left over mail, I found this and paid it right away. And of course I way way passed the deadline that you could pay half price and I had to pay in full. And in case you going to do illegal parking, do it in Richmond. It is cheaper than Vancouver. Anyway, apparently the government doesn't like people owing them money for months. And my record was sent to an adjustment company already. In the letter they said I have to pay it back within 5 days. The letter was written on Jan 6 and for sure I once again missed the deadline. The letter always said to avoid confusion, I should pay to the adjustment company. Here comes the problem. I did pay my fine already before they sent the letter but to City of Richmond directly. I tried calling them but I guess the office was closed already. I wonder how things going to work now. Would proving to them that I did pay my ticket get them off my back? In HK, adjustment company usually own by gangster. So they threaten people to pay up by calling them, painting outside their door (red paint writing pay off the debt), etc. So far there is no red paint outside my house. I guess I am safe, hopefully at least till Monday when I called them to clear things out?!

1 comment:

iTripped said...

In Canada the Gangsters also run the collection agencies, so watch your back. Maybe the assassination attempt was not for your friend, but for you and your bad credit!