Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Pulling Rabbit from Hat

These days I really want a magician hat from which I can pull developer out. I have several projects going on and I have no one to assign work to. Two people from my team were borrowed to help on other team's project. I only have 3 people to dump all the work on. Those include all the issues in those projects and all the issues coming from customers. Lately my team has to handle most of investigation on customer issues and try to not disturb main development team as much as possible. That put a lot of our projects behind schedule cause the customer issues come in priority. And today I find that I have more work but no one can really work on those. Everybody is busy. I could do the work the myself but I found I have been keep giving myself work if I can't find people to do. I guess it is bad project management skill cause I keep piling things on my list. But I don't know what else I could to find people. I know I can't do everything myself and I would eventually stress myself out. And attending all those meetings takes up a lot of my time too (good that I don't have to go as many as my manager or I can't do work at all) If only I have a hat to pull developers from, my life would be so much easier.

1 comment:

metamator said...

you are starting to sound like someone who is crazy. Now if we could just pull a DR out of a hat we could confirm this.