Thursday, January 26, 2006

Electricity Disappeared

My BC Hydro bill last night arrived last night and shocked me quite a bit. I thought I opened up my neighbor's mail or something. It was double of what I usually pay. I thought may be this time they charge for longer period. But it is the usual two months. Then I tried to remember did I actually pay more in the winter last year cause you usually would turn on the heat. But I turned off my heat ever since I moved in. I don't even know if it worked at all. And a good thing about the BC Hydro bill is that they have a little chart on the side compared your current bill with last several period. And it showed that my usage was TRIPLE than what I usually use. I can't imagine how that happen. If I live in a house, may be someone is stealing my electricity. But I live in an apartment. How the heck is that possible?! The only thing I could think of is I baked more during that two months period. But it was only 3-4 days and it can't triple of what I usually use. So I called today to understand what happen. The lady answering the phone was extremely helpful. I explained my situation and she agreed that this is weird. So she just reverted back my bill to the usual usage without further question. This is the least hassle phone call I ever made to get my money back. Now if stupid Fido understand what I meant by canceling my brother's cell phone and giving me back my $2, I would be so much happier.

No comments: