Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Chopping

I went to my first cooking class tonight. It went pretty well. I was a bit scared at first cause I don't really like cooking with strangers. I was a bit stress out about people looking over my shoulder and I don't know if I am doing thing right. It is like my manager looking over my shoulder the other day and I totally couldn't do any work. But seem like not everybody know what they are doing too. So it was not too bad. The best part is I learn some knife skill. Chopping was usually the part that I don't like doing. I cut very slow. And I usually do big chunk. It would get bigger and bigger too cause I got bored in the end. And today, I learnt how to prepare some vegetable, how to pick them, and how to cut it. I am actually pretty happy that I didn't cut my finger again. Today's dish is very simple. Just a vegetable soup to get us practicing cutting up vegetable. And also teach us how to make stock/broth. Another good thing about the class is that I don't need to do my dishes. We have assistants who are taking the full time chef course helping us. They will come around to teach us, do dishes, even sharpen our knifes. I wish I have one of those at home when I cooked. I am looking forward that the next class when we actually do a complete 3 course meal.

1 comment:

Temple said...

Cool! Keep us posted. I'm going to be taking the same course in May.