Monday, January 23, 2006

Budget

I got sick of my money kept disappearing on me. Every month when I got my pay check, my account was up for a second and then the money slowly got swollen into some unknown black hole. And whatever little left there, when I saw my credit card bill, it all goes in. I finally decided that I would lay out what I spend each month that I know of regularly and put out a budget so I could save some money. I really want some liquid asset. When I wrote down all my loan and utility bills and stuff, it actually add up to be quite abit. I am actually spending less than I expect. I always know I am a big spender. My friends always said I waste too much money. But not even taking the yearly expenses (house insurance, alarm, property tax, etc) into account, it is way more than I expected. Living by oneself surely is expensive. I know I could start cutting on my expenses, like my coffee or my cable . But I don't know if I want my desperate measure yet. I like my coffee in the morning. Last time cutting it for 3 months was killing me. And my cable. I don't have to have Chinese TV and all those extra channels, but I really like having them. I guess I have to work on my priority and think what I really need if I want to save anything at all.

No comments: