Monday, January 16, 2006

Shopping

I never knew I am a picky shoppers till this weekend. I have been looking for a wok last while, but I never found one that I liked. That's right. I have been surviving on my 3 pots for last two years, even though I hosted numerous dinner parties (pretty cool, huh?) And last week, I finally got annoyed with that fact that I only had one pot for everything, from soup making to stir fry. (Truth is I made soup and it sat in my pot and I couldn't do anything else.) So last weekend, I started to really look for a wok. Originally I was planning to get the regular Chinese one, but then there were some special preparation procedure to be done to a carbon steel one. Then I was struggling to get a stainless steel one or a Telfon one. It is cheaper to get a stainless steel, but then food won't stick on Telfon one. But those non-stick material can easily come off. So I don't want to get a very expensive one. But I don't want to get a super cheap one either cause you never knew what sort of material they really used for it. I am used to my mom's one which is 14" (or even bigger). But 14" one is usually pretty expensive and more than I want to spend. I want to get one with the cover too and preferably glass cover. At last, after driving around Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby for 2 weeks, I finally find one that I could settle for price and size. It is a 12" Telfon. It was smaller than I hoped but when I brought it home, it actually was the right size for me (I can't visualize the size until I saw it sat besides my pot) I am pretty happy about it. Next thing to shop: knife block and utensil holder.

1 comment:

ray said...

Go get a set from "Color O living"! We settled for a set there too. And you can get amy to get u a set without getting their membership.