Sunday, January 29, 2006

恭喜發財

I guess since I didn't have a good start in New Year, I was doomed to have a bad start in Chinese New Year as well. So I was supposed to meet up with my parents for lunch today. Since it is first day of Chinese New Year, all the vegetarian restaurant for sure would be full (It is tradition that we eat vegetarian dishes on the first day of New Year). And we once again forgot to make reservation so we changed to go to Yaohan food court instead. We must be mad to decide to go to Chinese mall on Chinese New Year. Cause it was packed! And holiday always brings out the worst of people. When I was waiting for a parking spot, somebody pissed me off so badly that I almost went to beat him up. So I was waiting in a lane for an open spot. A couple walked by and I signaled immediately. Unfortunately, a van on the other side signaled the same time as me. I figured since they have kids and whole family, I would be nice and gave up the spot. And then another lady walk to the spot behind me. So I signaled again. Another car behind me wanted to signal but saw me and left, but the stupid car behind him signaled for the same spot. I was so mad. I was trying to back up more for the car to pull out. Now he stupidly parked behind me so I couldn't move. I figured I can't sit there forever and make that lady sit with us. I would move my car forward and still signal. If he took my spot, I am going out to beat him out. When he saw me move my car, he immediately move his car right behind me. I have no way to take that spot now. What the!!! NOW I AM FURIOUS! I was swearing furiously in my car. I decided I will wait till he park and go out to yell at him. Then I saw a car in front of me pulling out and no one waiting. I took that spot and don't feel like yelling at him again. When I sat down for lunch, I was still shaking from being pissed at that stupid driver! I was never so upset about parking. But I guess losing spot twice make me lost control.

PS. On a side note, I got a very nice backpack today and very good deal. It has some hidden feature that I didn't notice when I bought it. So I am very happy now.

PS. Oh, and Happy Chinese New Year to you all!

4 comments:

iTripped said...

It's so good to see you have your temper under control these days. Happy new year, Viv.

Endless Drool said...

Gung Ho Bok Choi!

You're not getting money, but you'll get a comment... I hate finding parking in busy malls too. Usually when I see things being that busy or I feel my temper start up, I find a spot on the street. I'd rather walk a block than have a guy resist while I'm trying to dish out a haymaker... ;-)

ray said...

wow, what kinda accent does 'endless drool' have?

wendy said...

I had similar experience too. When I just ready to back up my car to the spot...the car "hovered" into my parking spot. Again, that's during the peak Chinese New Year period. At the moment, how much I wish I could deflat his tires so that he could get that spot forever as he wished.
That was happened at T&T supermarket parking.