Friday, January 20, 2006

Good Morning Sunshine

My friends always tease me about my very flexible working hour. That is, I go to work after 10am. So I made a bet with a friend last night that I would make it to work at 8am. If I won, I got free dinner. No one thought I could do that. I don't even know if I could hear my alarm clock too. But since we never said what he won if I lost (hehehe) I figured it was a win-win situation. And today, despite my half dead body from the OT from last night, I could still get up. I thought I had plenty of time to get a nice breakfast to reward myself too. But as usual, when I had plenty of time, I usually fool around my house and don't get out the door till last minute. After grabbing my coffee, my time became very tight to arrive at 8am. I had to give up my fancy warm breakfast. When I finally parked my car and rushed to my desk, it was 7:58am. I quickly brought up my Outlook and send a message to my friends that I have arrived at the office on time. Then I started working. When my friends got in to work, they were surprised that I actually could get in that early. Then the friend that I am having a bet with said yahoo said the email was received at 8:00:02am. So I was two second late! I was like what!!! I tried so hard to be there and you said what! I am pretty sure I sent the email before 8am. With network latency and stuff, it makes sense the email arrived few seconds later. I was trying to prove that I did send the email before 8am, but stupid Outlook swallowed the header information. I asked my friend at work for help and the procedure he told me sound very complicated, especially when I was lack of sleep. I guess I have to keep whining next time I see him or threaten to drop his girlfriend if she came climbing with me.

PS. Note to self: I should never do this kind of bet ever. It is bad for my body. I was soooo tired the whole day. When my manager told me to prepare emergency hotfixes once I walked into the office, I misunderstood his instruction and screwed things up. Good thing is it wasn't too bad. I hate when I was dumb like that.

1 comment:

Yummy said...

This is sooo funny!!

Maybe next time I'll make a bet that you can arrive at 9:30am sharp on 4 consecutive sundays and I'll treat u DINNER! :D