Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Bluff

I have a feeling that I am a bad poker player. I talked to a friend tonight and we tried to find out what each other knew about something. The whole conversation we were testing each other and tried to see who cracked first. In the end, my friend said that he knew what I knew. I was surprised to hear that cause I thought I didn't give any hints. I gave enough thought before I typed each message so I won't leak any information. But, I don't know if I am that easy to read or he is just that smart, he told me places in the conversation that I did slightly give out hint and he claimed he could probe in the right direction from there. Am I just that bad at bluffing? I thought I covered up pretty well but people can still see thru me. I thought all these years working helped me to know how to bluff. May be not a good one, but at least if I need to, shouldn't be that bad. Am I the only one not thinking when talking with people? Seem like when people tried to probe what I am hiding, they can always figure out. But I usually can't. I always keep asking until I got a definite answer. Am I just dumb? Or I just don't think? All these years that I thought I am more sneaky than my mom turned out that I am truly her daughter, just as simple minded?!

No comments: