Friday, June 03, 2005

Dinner Reservation

I never imagine it is so hard to make a reservation for dinner. It is my friend's birthday today and we were meeting up for dinner on Sunday. She already said she wanted to try the Afghan Horsemen Restaurant. The only thing left to do is for me to move my lazy ass to call and reserve a table. I finally felt like calling today. When I called in the afternoon, it was not opened. I figured it may be just a dinner place. So I waited till 5pm and called again. The guy who answered the phone said they don't open on Sunday. What kind of restaurant doesn't open on Sunday??!! So we had to call my friend to pick another restaurant. Problem is, we know she was spending her birthday with her boyfriend and we felt that we were interrupting. So my friend and I tried to get each other to call (eg. arguing thru msn). I eventually gave up and called her. She decided to go to Feenie's instead. Since I called her, now is my friend's turn to call for reservation. (I know, I know, we are lazy ) My friend told me that the restaurant is all full and it has to be either an hour earlier or an hour later, which neither time work for us. So, now, we have to call the birthday girl again. And course, it is my friend's turn too. The birthday girl started to get frustrated. Finally, she decided on another place and when I called, they finally have a table for us at the time we want. Mission accomplished.

No comments: