Sunday, June 05, 2005

Delayed Flight

My parents left for Hawaii today. As a good daughter, I drove them off to airport. (Come on, give me some credits, I have to wake up early! ) Original plan was to grab breakfast and then check in. But since the driver (aka me ) was late, my dad decided to check in first. My parents like to check in 3 hours earlier. They want to make sure everything is set and not rush. It is good this time we checked in early because apparently Harmony Airlines check-in counter is not on the US Departure side, even if you are flying to Hawaii. We had to walk all the way back to Canada (??!!) Departure side to check in. And my parents' flight was delayed for 3 hours. My original plan was to drop my parents off at the airport and then rushed back to church. Even though Harmony Airlines did give them $30 food vouchers for eating in airport, I can't leave them walk around airport for 3 hours. So I decided to skip church and went dim sum with them instead. I am not sure if I am using my parents as excuse to skip church. But it is the second weeks I didn't go to church. And I will skip next week because I am going camping. I wonder if it would end up like school that I will lose my motivation to go anymore if I skip too many. But my pastor will probably want to have a talk with me if I disappear. Anyways, it has been a while I had dim sum with my parents. And I do want to chat with them a bit before they took off. After lunch, I drove them back to airport. My mom then later called me that apparently her flight got cancelled. Harmony Airlines must have not enough people for the flight. And they were now flying with Air Canada instead. Their flight seemed so complicated this time.

PS. While waiting for my parents to check in, a security guard wanted to check a guy's luggage but he refused. He kept talking on the phone and refused to let the guard check his luggage. The guard looked helpless and stood there. He went back to refer to his colleagues. His colleagues said why waited for the guy, just grabbed his bag and started checking. They then walked back over and tried to reason with the passenger. He still refused to let them check and said angrily why they had to check him two days in a row. It seems that he didn't get on his flight yesterday but they checked his luggage. I didn't know what happened in the end because my parents had already finished checking in and we took off.

1 comment:

ray said...

DARN IT! So uncool! You should never tell the story if you don't know the ending itself! not cool!