Monday, June 06, 2005

Injury!

I swore I will never go backpacking camping ever again! It seem like everytime I plan to go backpacking with my friends, I ended up injuring my ankle. I successfully rolled my ankle tonight at ultimate, right before the weekend I am going camping. I collided with a guy and fell on the ground and rolled my ankle. Urgh! Stupid aggressive beginner! But he is kind of cute, Matthew McConaughey kind of cute, and NO! I wasn't busy looking at him and collided with him!!! I was seriously playing and he ran into me! And it has to be my bad ankle. It was worse than last time! Last time when I hurt myself, it wasn't that painful to begin with. And I thought I could keep playing. But this time, I can't feel a thing when I rolled it. Then the pain was so sharp that I can't stand it. I had to move to the sideline. The whole night I was out. What makes me more mad is that I bought a higher ankle cleats recently to protect my ankle. But it is a bit tight. So tonight, I wore it, thought that I don't want to bruise up my toes more and changed back to my old low ankle cleats!! Everyone was worried about me driving home and all I can think is I can't play this whole week, at the very least. Even though I can't turn my right ankle between gas pedal and brake, I am an experienced broken ankle driver and I know I could use my whole leg to do so. When I bought my car last year, I was planning to get a manual cause it felt cooler. When I told a friend that, he reminded me how often I hurt myself and it is better to get an automatic. It is good that I choose to get automatic in the end.

PS. A friend said may be it was God not letting me skipped 3 weeks of church in a row. So I can't go to camping anymore with the injury. But...but...He could have hurt me on Thursday. So at least I could play for my team.

1 comment:

gwilli said...

maybe it's just god saying you should get robotic ankles.

or maybe god's trying to hook you up with matthew mcconaughehey.

or maybe you just rolled your ankle.