Monday, June 20, 2005

Criticism

I can't believe I became the kind of people I hate, critics. Today, I talked to couple friends and my parents about the wedding last night. Being a big whiner, of course I have to complain about things. How unprepared we are. How sucky the service. How slow the food is. When I was yapping, I totally forgot, I was doing what I hate people doing most. I couldn't see how much time the wedding party spend to prepare the banquet. But instead, I picked on points that I find problem and complaint about it. I should be honour to attend my friend's wedding and share their pleasure. But I was too busy being picky. When the groom asked me how everything was last night, I just couldn't shut my mouth and whine to him. It is as if he didn't know already!! I couldn't believe I did that last night. Usually when I was the maid of honour or sisters, I would try to help out so the bride and groom won't get stressed out by all the complains. I don't know what got to me last night. Why did I complain like that! It is not helping the situation. In fact, it may stress them out more. Urgh! I hate myself! Urrrgh!

Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. (James 3:5-6)
I was talking to a friend about this passage several days ago. I guess I should keep remind myself what to say.

2 comments:

ray said...

tsk tsk tsk... so no criticism ever, k?!

btw, i love the ceremony, esp when the administer asked if anyone objected, i can see Wu was kinda nervous.

gwilli said...

I thought the service was fine. in fact, I thought it was great. our waiter was cool and he kept giving me more food. the way I see it, anyone giving me food is a good person. but john, you don't need to worry about it if anyone complains because you're done. you're not getting married anymore. so, there's nothing you can change. I had fun. it was great. congrats to the bride and groom and anyone else who made the wedding a great success.