Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Wake Up!

Second day into my new position. I found that I have to re-adjust my work schedule. I have been going to work later and later cause no one really care. As long as I work my 8 hour and I am not the latest person to show up at work, my manager wouldn't yell at me. That rule doesn't apply anymore. I went to work today at my usual hour (I blame my injured ankle for extra lateness ). When I sat down, my coworkers told me my email box overflowing. Apparently my manager sent out an email this morning regarding my change of position. But the first thing I notice was, my manager sent me tons of meeting request and I was late for one happening right at the moment. I had to "run" downstairs to the meeting room, apologized to everyone (good that all of them are easy going people and not big big boss around ), and sat down on the floor (cause all the chairs were taken and none of them thought they needed to give the handicap a seat ). Other than my morning schedule, I have to change a lot of the bad habits that I developed last year. I have to slack less. Hmm..I mean I shouldn't slack at all. I know I haven't been work hard last year. My job becomes just a job and I just do what is required. I guess I have to work harder now. I am sitting closed to my friend and he is a workaholic. I felt bad if I work less than him. But...but he doesn't like not working. He likes to work all the times. I am not sure I could outwork him. Urgh! I want to keep my weekends non work!!!

1 comment:

gwilli said...

don't compare your work ethic to him, or you'll just go crazy (like him). we're talking about the same curly here, right?