Monday, November 07, 2005

Back to Work

First day back from vacation always suck. I haven't woke up this early for so long. My body still felt so dead after a whole hour of struggling to get up. Taking shower definitely is no help. Coffee doesn't do it usual magic either. I was still as dead as I could be when I arrived later than my usual lateness. I expect my manager expect that anyway. It is sort of like a jet lag. You can't really expect your employee to work full speed the first day that they got back from vacation. Problem though is when I stepped into the office, my manager told me my VP wanted to see me. What on earth can the VP want to see me? Can't be because of my lateness (Well, a lot of people come in even later than me :P) Apparently he wanted to discuss the stock option with me. Apparently I was the only one in development haven't heard about mine yet. I finally found out how much my junk paper worth if the deal close at this certain date and if Mars aligned with Uranus at this precise hour and blah blah blah. Anyway, you got my point. I am not exactly excited or upset. Well, I sure hope for more so I could really retire or sit on my ass for a little while longer. But nope, I still need to work for my living. And living in Canada, that mean whatever extra money you may get your hand on, government will have their hand on it as well. Apparently this stupid stock option will be considered as taxable income. So no matter how small chunk of money I already getting, government wanted to take some of it as well. Now I could choose to use that money anyway (cause then I could totally use some extra cash) and let government took their share (errrrr!) or pretend this extra money never exist and put it all in RRSP (my new tooooy!!!! errrr!!!)

No comments: