Sunday, November 20, 2005

Proposal

Someone at church proposed at the end of service today. At the end of the service, my pastor said that one of the guys has an announcement to make. He went up to the stage, said that he wanted to sing a song. My friend who was sitting next to her originally ran away the moment he started singing. And all the camera are out (some of the guys know about it) And there, the whole church was staring at his girlfriend, sitting all alone now. She looked lost the first few second, then when she realized what is happening here, she was stunned. She didn't cry but a few girls were crying (including my friend whom now I pretend I know no such person) At the end of the song, he kneeled down and proposed. None of us remembered if she said yes or not (she may have nodded or something). But we are all really happy for her. Of course all the girls gathered around her to 'wow' at the ring (and all the guys shaked their head when they saw that) It would be the first wedding in my fellowship. It was really sweet of her fiancee to do it in public. And it was really brave of him too. All the guys were not impressed cause that mean they have a high standard to top off. We girls started suggesting bungee jumping, juggling, jumping over fire loop, all sort of weird trick. My other best friend got engaged recently too. Though I was happy for her, it didn't strike me the excitement till today. When I saw the look on the friend from church, I knew my friend must be very happy when she got the proposal. I felt very happy for her then. Yeah, I know, I am slow. But she sent me the e-card and it took me awhile to sink in that idea. Come to think about it, how come all my friends have funny proposal story (want to propose while the girl only want to pee, need to run for bus right after proposed, fell asleep before proposing, etc, etc), but the one I witnessed worked out perfectly accordingly to plan. Aii...all my friends suck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you will able to see this. I think this is the first time i read this. You are too funny Gum.
Gum Gum ar, I miss you LOTX!